We are looking for a committed Tier 2 Engineer to join our company. You will be responsible for trouble shooting complex service requests as well as mentoring and coaching other Engineers. You will have the opportunity to gain exposure to new technologies and grow your career within our company. Above all, your work will help people and businesses succeed through technology.
- Be the first point of contact for clients with technical queries over the phone and ticketing system.
- Liaising with clients throughout the lifecycle of the service ticket, ensuring all issues are closed off and communicated to clients.
- Troubleshoot a wide variety of complex technical issues.
- Serve as a technical escalation point for junior Engineers.
- Manage multiple tickets at any one time based on priority.
- Attend client sites when needed to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Coach and mentor other Engineers.
- Identify recurring incidents to the Team Lead.
- Keep the Service Knowledge Management System (SKMS) up to date.
- Working out of hours on a rotational basis to support clients after business hours.
- Have the opportunity to work on client projects, as well as internal infrastructure projects.
- Strong willingness to constantly learn and develop.
- Creative and logical approach to problem-solving.
- Have lots of energy and enthusiasm for technology and helping others.
- Able to see things through to completion.
- Willing to roll sleeves up and take initiative.
- Team player, working with other to achieve common goals.
- Be friendly and sociable.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as 2nd line Engineer in a service desk environment.
- Good technical experience with an analytical approach to diagnostics.
- A good understanding of all Microsoft Windows platforms in particular 7 / 8 / 10.
- Experience with MS Exchange and Office 365.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and administration of Group Policy.
- Experience supporting and maintaining all versions of Windows Servers including 2012 / 2016.
- Advanced Exchange troubleshooting skills using Powershell commands.
- Experience in WDS/MDT.
- Networking knowledge covering LAN/VLAN/WAN technologies.
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure i.e. Azure, Amazon.
- Knowledge of phone systems i.e. Avaya, Cisco.