We are looking for an enthusiastic 1st line Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for dealing with multiple service requests, liaising with customers to resolve their IT issues. You will have the opportunity to gain exposure to new technologies and grow your career within our company. Above all, your work will help people and businesses succeed through technology.
- Be the first point of contact for clients with technical queries over the phone and ticketing system.
- Liaising with clients throughout the lifecycle of the service ticket, ensuring issues are closed off and communicated to clients.
- Troubleshoot a wide variety of technical issues.
- Manage multiple tickets at any one time based on priority.
- Attend client sites when needed to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Keep the Service Knowledge Management System (SKMS) up to date.
- Working out of hours on a rotational basis to support clients after business hours.
- Have the opportunity to work on projects.
- Have lots of energy and enthusiasm for technology and helping others.
- A high degree of integrity.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, keeping calm during busy periods.
- Receptive to feedback.
- Willing to roll sleeves up and take initiative.
- Actively develops knowledge and expertise, learning new tech and developing skills.
- Taking ownership of issues and working towards resolution.
- Be friendly and sociable.
- Proven experience within an IT support based role. MSP desirable but not essential.
- Excellent communication and administrative skills.
- Have troubleshooting techniques.
- High motivation and development skills.
- A good understanding of all Microsoft Windows platforms in particular 7 / 8 /10.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites and Microsoft Office 365.
- Basic technical understanding of networks: WAN and LAN Connectivity, including routers, firewalls and security.
- Working knowledge of antivirus software and spam filtering systems.