We are looking for an enthusiastic IT Intern to join our team. You will be responsible for dealing with multiple service requests, liaising with customers to resolve their Technical issues. You will have the opportunity to gain exposure to new technologies and grow your career in the IT industry.
The IT Intern is a part-time position under the general direction of the IT Manager to provide technical support service to our Clients on all aspects of Information Technology.
- Serves as a the technology Help Desk. Handles Tier 1 help desk tickets and may work with IT Manager on higher-level issues
- Be the first point of contact for clients with technical queries over the phone and ticketing system.
- Liaising with clients throughout the life-cycle of the service ticket, ensuring issues are closed off, documented and communicated to all clients.
- Troubleshoot a wide variety of technical issues.
- Manage multiple tickets at any one time based on priority.
- Attend client sites when needed to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution.
- Create accounts and configure hardware as part of on-boarding process for new hires.
- Troubleshooting hardware/software issues
- Manage and monitor all client assets to ensure accurate inventory records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Have the opportunity to work on projects.
- Have lots of energy and enthusiasm for technology and helping others.
- A high degree of integrity.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, keeping calm during busy periods.
- Receptive to feedback.
- Actively develops knowledge and expertise, learning new technology and developing skills.
- Taking ownership of issues and working towards resolution.
- Be friendly and sociable.
- Excellent typing, written and oral communication skills
- Have troubleshooting techniques.
- High motivation and development skills.
- A good understanding of all Microsoft Windows platforms in particular 7 and 10, including installation and setup.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites and Microsoft Office 365.
- PC and/or laptop hardware maintenance/installation experience
- Basic technical understanding of networks: WAN and LAN Connectivity, including routers, firewalls and security.
- Working knowledge of antivirus software and spam filtering systems.